Monday, October 1, 2007

Look out for that hose....!!

I have a funny story to share with you but have had a hard time trying to put the words down in a P.C. way that won't offend those of you who are reading along. So, I'll do my best but remember, I warned you! (snicker)

First, I'll share a short dream that I had in the wee hours of this morning: Early this morning, I was dreaming that I was sleeping and Tim came home early from work. I heard him come down the hallway because I heard his pager going off for a call. Then suddenly, the tones dropped for real, waking us both out of a dead sleep. It wasn't a good call to wake to. I hate that!

And, now for the good one...

Last night, everyone but myself fell asleep out of pure exhaustion. It had been a few hours so I suspected everyone was in a deep sleep. Knowing how much of a deep sleeper my husband is, I thought I'd mess with him a little bit. Now you need a G-rated visual to get the scene started. He had fallen asleep with his clothes on (shorts) and was sound asleep on the couch with his legs propped up over the end of the arm. I contemplated what I could do to make him freak out. I know, I'm such a meanie. And then, it hit me.

Tim really hates spiders. And so, I began to look for something that would feel like a spider crawling up his leg. I found nothing and instead decided to just use my fingers. I started at his ankle and "walked" my fingers up his leg...(and well, you get the picture there). His breathing became faster and he started to get a bit antsy. I started wondering just what he was dreaming about! All of a sudden, he is near hysteria. He's still sleeping but he is giggling like a school girl almost to the point of crying and really starting to wiggle around. And then, he woke up. And giggled....and giggled...and giggled. I asked him what he was doing, as if I had just walked in on his little giggle-fest. He promptly told me he was not telling me about the dream he just had. Umm hmmmm...so what WAS the dream about? He later told me. And we have laughed about it all day long.

Apparently, he was in the tanker on the way to a fire when he saw a billboard on fire. They stopped and decided they needed to put it out. He grabbed the hose which had no nozzle. (If you've ever held the end of a fire hose, you know that the nozzle is quite heavy) So, he had the nozzle-less hose and the engineer started the pump. Of course, the pressure was too high which sent the hose out of control and right up Tim's pant leg. And so, the whole time he was giggling and throwing a fit, he was trying to escape from the killer fire hose. And guess who was winning? The fire hose. He said that no matter what he did, he couldn't get away from it. He said in his dream he was jumping around, squealing and screaming. Too funny!

Isn't it crazy what our mind will do to us? Do you guys have any weird dreams like that?

2 comments:

kat said...

I once had a dream where I was laughing loudly. We had been walking through Chinatown in NYC and been to a mall later that day.

At night I started dreaming of a Chinese Man that was standing at the end of an escalator and he would tie a knot in the shirts of all the women that were coming up so that their "assets" were showing. It was so funny that I must have been laughing loudly before my then-boyfriend woke me up to stop me :)

Mrs. J said...

When I was around 14, I dreamt I was swimming in a pool only to find out I peed in my bed. ick! embarrassing!

Blog Archive

Photos of Us

www.flickr.com

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed