Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Dirty Jobs



Today was a day the kids look forward to all year long. I, on the other hand, try really hard to convince myself that it's going to be super cool. After a battle (or five) I loaded my little goblins up and we headed out to the pumpkin patch. It was getting late and I knew that we wouldn't be able to have time to actually walk around a patch. So, we ended up at a prepicked pumpkin place instead. Jonathon decided that he would fall asleep on the way.

The other kids thought they needed to pick up Every Single Pumpkin to test its weight as well as the strength of the stem, even though I told them time and time again not to pick them up because the stems could break off. And, sure enough, several stems snapped leaving a little piece in their little hands and a slightly heavy pumpkin to land on their toes. Each goblin must have done that at least five times. (sigh)

Of course, each of them thought they were going to get the biggest pumpkin of the bunch. My rule was You carry what you pick. The rule didn't stop them from trying though. As you can see, they each tried really really hard to convince me that this pumpkin would fit in our van. What do you think? It only weighs 314 pounds, Mom!
We finally picked our pumpkins out and headed home to carve them. The one thing that I don't enjoy is having to finish emptying out the pumpkin guts for my munchkins. It makes my hands itch something fierce. But finally, after much arguing fun with carving, the goblins finished their masterpieces. They were so proud of their work!







On a side note:
As we were carving, Katelyn looked over at me and said:
"This is a Dirty Job. We should call Mike Rolf."
(Austin quickly corrected her with the proper last name. Do you think they watch that show much?)

Until next time...

1 comment:

Amy said...

I am dying at the dirty jobs remark! Hillarious! I love Katelyn. All last year I kept telling people that someday I might just take her home. She looks an awful lot like me. I think I could pass her off as my daughter! ;)

Blog Archive

Photos of Us

www.flickr.com

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed