Sunday, October 28, 2007

Time marches on...



As promised, I will share with you a few more photos from Jacob's very last football game. The season ended with a loss for the boys but they all had a great time and that is what counts. Through the season, they have all learned and grown so much. I know that Jacob didn't once act disappointed through the season. This last game was played on our home field. The ground was quite soggy and the boys were finding their cleats caked full of sod and mud. There were a few slips and slides during the game because of it.

As I sat there watching Jacob walking his tough man walk and his stance, I kept thinking to myself, "I can't believe that he is getting so darn big." Where did my baby go?

We attended the homecoming game a few weeks ago and as those highschool football players walked past us, Tim and I just shook our heads. To think that in a few more years, our boys will be those boys. That just blows my mind! I presume that we will be football parents for the next 7+ years as both boys really enjoyed playing tackle this year.

Jacob received a bobble head trophy at the end of his game. It's actually pretty cool looking. He really likes to display them around the house. He's already hung up his spirit sign on the entry way to the livingroom. Silly boy, I think he is really going to miss playing football. I'm sure signups for next year will be here before I'm ready! And then, once again, I will be pulling myself in twelve different directions while trying to be mom, wife, student, and me. Oh wait, I nearly forgot. I won't have to wait until next year to have complete chaos inside my house again. Baseball is just around the corner! Yikes!

1 comment:

Amy said...

How exciting. Jacob looks so big. I keep seeing kids from my very first year (now third graders) and I am blown away by how big they are! I can't imagine how I will feel when they are my own kids!

Blog Archive

Photos of Us

www.flickr.com

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed