Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Gone but not forgotten

Nope, we're not gone. We're still here. Hopefully you haven't forgotten about us. I've thought of you all many times but have not had a spare moment to get here and post what we've been doing.

I have so many things I want to post but considering I'll be called away here in another five or ten minutes, I will have to post just the basics.

First things first, PLEASE pray for Jonathon. Once again, he is sick. I don't know why he continues to get sick and fight high fevers on a pretty consistent basis the past month +, but I'm getting pretty frusterated with it all. Once again, he is battling a fever. We are on day six, (Wednesday) and yesterday (Tuesday) his fever had hit 104.4. It was then that I made a call to his doctor asking for help. We took him in an hour later where they too were concerned about him. A raging fever, a heartrate of 145, very lathargic, on the brink of dehydration, and looking totally helpless was what they saw. The doctor told me she was very concerned about him and wanted us to take him to the hospital. Before going, she said she would do a strep test and an xray. He barely made a squeak during the strep test. For any child, it is a challenge to not want to kick, cry and scream. The xray had to be repeated because it was "dark". After repeating it, the doctor came in and said he had pnemunia. She gave us the option of trying an antibiotic at home with the combination of 6-8 oz of fluids an hour in addition to using the tylenol/motrin to reduce the fever. We've been trying that through the evening without much success. His heartrate has reduced slightly. His eyes remain glassy. He had a little energy for about 45 minutes before he fell back into the larthegic stage. I have been listening to his lungs at least once an hour and have just begun to notice a change in the sounds of them. Since I have a house of sleeping children and Tim's at work, I will stay up to continue monitoring his progress and status. We should be headed to the hospital around 5:00 AM. Please pray for him.

In other news: (Have to keep it brief, I hear him stirring)
*Circle drive & rock gardens still not finished.

*I ended up with two new kittens, Black Jack and Snicker Doodle (or Snickers). The kids couldn't understand why we couldn't use some of the names they came up with. You know, because there's no reason we can't yell out the back door, "Here coochie" or "Come on pissy". Don't ask! @@

*Gas prices, inflation on groceries and healthcare costs are killing our budget here. Is it true that we'll be seeing $12 a gallon by Labor Day? And bread, $2.99 a loaf? I'm quite concerned about our budget. Please send up a prayer for us if you can.

*Katelyn had her hair cut off. It's a cute, chin length cut.

*Emilee lost her first tooth Sunday. Unfortunately, it's from the result of her and a friend getting into electrical tape and then trying to "cut" it with her teeth! ACK! It was a baby tooth though. Whew

*Memorial Day weekend here was not a good one for several reasons. I hope everyone else had an enjoyable weekend.

*Postage stamps went up too? Good golly. (I know, not like yesterday but quite recently)

*Emilee is done for school for the year. She's thrilled. Frankly, so am I.

*Jacob is about to turn 11. Momma's not so thrilled.

*Jacob walked in during a documentary on polyigamy. He asked what it all meant and I spent the time to answer his questions as honestly and frankly as I could. He said he didn't want to live that way. Whew! Good thing there, Son. Thanks!

*Katelyn has been dealing with daily headaches for almost a week now. She's going in for an eye exam next week. Pray she doesn't suffer from migraines like I do.

*Austin is "color deficient" or color blind. We found this out at his eye appointment a week ago or so. It does cause some issues for his future.

*If you could, please pray for my health as well. The last two days, I've been dealing with a dizziness that I can't explain. It started Monday and was worse today. It was to the point this evening that I was afraid of driving. Pray it goes away quickly.

Ack! I hear Jonathon stirring. I'll hopefully post photos in a day or so....

1 comment:

Amy said...

I hope your little mister feels better soon! And you too! I hate feeling dizzy, its just terrible. I saw Miss Katelyn's haircut and I told her how much I love it, she seemed tickled pink. I hope things turn around soon!

Blog Archive

Photos of Us

www.flickr.com

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed