Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Please think of us...

Tonight, I've been up with our dog, Dusty, who appears to be struggling. I've tried to wake Tim up but he dismissed my observations and went back to bed. He continues to have tremors, similar to seizures. His breathing is quite labored and he keeps licking the same spot on his leg over and over. I've placed food and water in front of him, snuggled with him for a bit and prayed for a quick passing if it is his time.

We have known that this was coming as he seems to be full of several cancerous tumors. Unfortunately, we can't convince Tim that the right thing to do is to let the vet put him to sleep. His quality of life has diminished, in my opinion.

Please think of the kids as they wake up tomorrow for I don't know what they may wake up to.

-B

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww...Dusty's such a big good boy. Here's my thoughts. Love to you.

Anonymous said...

Poor puppy. You have been a faithful friend...family member.

Words seem to escape me when I talk about our pets - I lost my Honey almost a year ago and I still miss her so much it hurts.

I'll be thinking of you and the kids today....

Blog Archive

Photos of Us

www.flickr.com

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed