Thursday, February 26, 2009

Life's about changing...

Isn't that so true? It seems that everything is constantly in a state of change in my life lately. My children are growing older, wiser, and more independent. Tim's job is in for a major change. My life has begun to change as well. And I'm sure I'm not the only one that wishes for the weather to change!

As time passes, and I get old grow wiser, I realize that the change I have had in my life has made me who I am today. I am a daughter, a sister, a wife and a mother. I am a student, a volunteer, and a friend to many. Change has affected every single relationship, some good, some not so good. There are times that it is difficult to accept or incorporate change in our lives as well. What I have learned is that change, no matter how we feel about it, is what shapes us into who we will become.

This week, I have had time to sit and do some deep soul searching. I'm starting to see my life change into something that is for the better, even if it is a little bit scary. For the first time in almost ten years, I am about to step out into the working force again. No more being within the walls that surround me as I play the role of a stay at home mom. And while this is something I have wanted for a very long time, this change is still a bit scary for me. I don't fear being a productive, responsible employee. My fears stem from feeling like I am abandoning something. Specifically, my children. I know that this change is something that I need as an individual. I'm certain that I will grow even more from this experience. Perhaps the children will grow with this change as well.

I want to be a good role model for them. I want them to not only know but to witness the fact that you can do anything you put your mind to. I want them to be encouraged by change, to embrace it and allow it to give them the opportunity to grow as well. I hope that I am enabling them to see that change is good. It is beneficial. It is needed in order for us to grow. But that no matter what changes within these walls we call home, that Momma will always be there for them and love them every step of the way. That is one thing that will never change!

Some of the changes that are coming up:

*I am almost finished with my required hours of third-rides for my EMT class. These last six months have changed me. They have prepared me for what is to come.

*I will be finishing my EMT Academy the first week of April. I will then take the national registry exam which will allow me to be a licensed EMT.

*I have a lead on an EMT position already.

*I had an interview today and was asked to come in for a second interview next week. The position is one that I think will enable me to grow and become accustomed to the working mom lifestyle. It is a part time position with a pretty decent start pay. It has great potential for advancement as well.

*I will be placing my nursing application in at the college on Friday. I am guessing that I should hear something back from them regarding my status in late April or early May.

And so...

"Life's about changing, nothing ever stays the same..."


What changes are coming your way?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Changing..funny that's what your blog is about. That's what I have been wrestling with. Change. I am so stressed about change or the potential and not knowing if its ok, the right thing, what the future holds...change, I hate it. My new email is nickles426@gmail.com

Dora said...

I understand...I choose to believe that I am showing my children that I'm willing and able to do whatever it takes to make ends meet, including getting off my own and that we can be a fabulous mother AND a business woman at the same time. It's ok that I earn 3 times the money that my husband does because we all work together and we do the best we can.
I wish you well. I'd love to have you on my team and when you're ready to talk about it, I'm here. But just so you know, our friendship isn't dependent upon you being on my team :)

Blog Archive

Photos of Us

www.flickr.com

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed