Thursday, February 26, 2009

I'm fine...

No really, I'm not! And if it didn't hurt so darn bad, I'd scream to the world just how NOT fine I really am. For two weeks, I've been caring for sick children. I've made sure they have gotten to the doctors appointments, gotten their meds, and taken care of them as a mother does. So today, when I wake up, unable to swallow even my own saliva, it was no shock when the doctor came back and said, "You have strep throat." Afterall, what was the chance that I could escape without getting something, right?

And so, after a 4:00 pm appointment, I picked up my Rx at the pharmacy. I came home, dished up my own dinner, threw my blanket in the dryer so I was nice and toasty and then headed to bed. I was miserable. Scratch that (much like my throat feels). I AM MISERABLE!

And so, after finally getting to lay down at 7pm, imagine how frustrated I was to be woken up at 8:45. Then imagine the thoughts that rolled through my head when I walked out to find all of the clothes I had folded and sorted (and even some unfolded that were clean) scattered all over the dining room in baskets. And then imagine what words came flying out of my mouth when I saw that nothing (and I mean absolutely nothing) had been cleaned. Dishes literally everywhere.

Oh, really. I'm NOT okay. Between being extremely upset (and I use that term lightly), not being able to swallow my own saliva, feeling like my throat is on fire, and literally vomiting sauerkraut and sausage out through my nose, I cleaned the kitchen. I did the dishes. I tried to go take a bath but there was no hot water (thank you to whoever took the longest darn shower in the history of man kind and used every ounce of hot water!) and I currently have my blanket in the dryer warming up.

I'm miserable. And all the while, everyone else is sleeping peacefully without a care in the world. Including the one who woke me up to begin with to take one of my blankets because he was too lazy to get a different one.

Irritated? Absolutely, almost as much as my throat!

Strep is for the birds!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I'm sorry Bec-isnt it amazing how when the mom is sick that it isn't nearly as important as when the kiddos or husband are sick!
I have the same problem with the going to bed and coming back out to a trashed mess of a house...I mean really like I have nothing better to do than pick up what they scatter about????
I hope you get to feeling better!!!

Blog Archive

Photos of Us

www.flickr.com

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed