Saturday, August 14, 2010

What started out a lifetime ago...

...ends with a smile.

Nineteen years ago, a young love began. A love that brought joy to my heart and a smile to my face. A love that was tested time after time yet still remained. A love that would bring two kids together as man and wife only to end as a broken family.

Today, I remember what started out as a childhood love affair and think about how it has evolved and sadly, ended nineteen years later.


The memories, too many to list, will forever be in my heart. They are mine and nobody can take those from me. The happiness that filled the years will be remembered, embedded in my mind, listed through my journals, captured in the photographs and as proof by my children's existance. For I know that my children were created out of love by two people who were in love.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a teardrop.

Even through the tears; the smiles remain, for I am reminded of a love story with each hug and kiss my children give me.
I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken -- and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived. -Margaret Mitchell

Saddened, indeed. Yet I walk away knowing that my faith is strong. Unbreakable even when tested.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
I am confident that there is meaning and purpose to the last nineteen years. That is obvious to me each and every time I look into the eyes of my precious children.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Photos of Us

www.flickr.com

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed