Sunday, March 20, 2011

Seems like yesterday...

Tonight I sit in bed and reflect over the past eleven years of my life. So much has changed. So many wonderful memories have been made. So much love and experience gained. Even better, eleven years ago, my life was richly blessed even more with the birth of my second son, Austin Kenneth-Nichols. I have been given an amazing gift and each day with him reminds me just how special that gift truly is.

Dear Austin,

It is hard for me to believe that it has been eleven years since I first held you in my arms. You were loved deeply before you were ever born. Your journey to join our family was a difficult journey for everyone involved. The 17 months before you were concieved were filled with heartache, pain, stress, tests, surgery and much disappointment. However, the moment we knew we were expecting you, our hearts filled with incredible love and great anticipation of your arrival. Throughout the entire pregnancy, the fear of losing you shadowed over us. There wasn't a day that went by that I wasn't thankful to still have you safe, growing stronger and bigger in my womb. With determination, several medications, hospital stays, premature labor, months of bedrest and great fear, we conquered what seemed to be impossible. On March 21, 2000, I welcomed you into my arms. Born five weeks early, you weighed six pounds thirteen ounces. You were perfect!

Over the past eleven years, I have had the honor to be your Mom. It has been a priveledge to watch you grow up into the amazing young man that you have become. You have provided me with countless memories that I will hold in my heart forever. You have grown into such a caring, intelligent, loving person and I am proud to be able to call you my son! I watch in amazement at the things you do, the topics that interest you, the hobbies you have chosen, the kind caring person you are to others, your willingness to help those who need it and your ability to be a pretty awesome brother. I see a perfect mix of your father and I wrapped up into you. You make me proud each and every day, Austin. You have a wonderful personality, a tender heart, a caring spirit, a loving soul and the ability to lift the spirits of those around you. You are an incredible young man with great talent, drive, determination and focus. These qualities will help you to succeed in anything that you choose to do. Dream big, Son. Nothing is impossible. Dream it, work for it and you can achieve anything you put your mind to. Always remember that no matter what, I am here to walk beside you. I am here to guide you, encourage you, support you and praise you. I am here offering my love, unconditionally and forever. I am proud of you Austin. Happy Birthday, Son. I hope you have a wonderful 11th Birthday.

Love Always,
Mom

No comments:

Blog Archive

Photos of Us

www.flickr.com

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed