Monday, February 28, 2011

LORD, I noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me. The LORD replided, "My precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you"

These words are so touching to my heart. I haven't had much time to write lately but I wanted to take a moment to share how incredible life has been.

As of Friday, I completed all of my requirements for obtaining my Paramedic license. Not only did this entail a year long program, 500 hours of clinicals and unimaginable stress but it was also accomplished during the hardest year of my entire life. I became a single mom of five, regained my self confidence, moved to another city, reestablished the children in a new school and ended a 15 year marriage during the course of that year. Many things have been accomplished and goals met.

I have to say that there were many times through this journey that I fell to my knees, prayed for guidance and support and was lifted to my feet again. I had my heart shattered. My goals questioned. My self doubt. My support systems removed. However, the one person I know that never doubted me, never left my side and continued to love me in spite of it all was my Lord. When my lungs cried out, "why me" I was reminded to give it time and see what good was to come. When my eyes were bloodshot and wheeping, I was reminded to open them wide and take in the visions before me. When I doubted myself, I was reminded that it was okay to feel some doubt for it keeps you grounded and focused.

What an incredible journey this has been. I am so thankful that my children were able to witness the positive outcomes that can happen when you are strong, determined, focused, willing, driven, loving, compassionate, honest, hard working and filled with faith.

All things are possible. I am certain there were times along my journey when only one set of footprints were visible. Thank you Lord for carrying me and my burdens when I wasn't strong enough to do it on my own.

Blessings to each of you.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Photos of Us

www.flickr.com

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed