Monday, May 9, 2011

Blessed ten times over...

I know I say this often and yet, I don't believe it can ever be said enough. I love my children. From the bottom of my heart, from the depths of my soul, from the top of my head to the tips of my toes. I love them more than I ever thought I could ever love anyone in my life.

From the very moment I saw those two pink lines and the word Pregnant, I knew my life would forever be changed. With anticipation, fear and much happiness, I was joining the ranks of some of the most important people in the world! I was soon to have the most important job I would ever hold in my life. I was going to be a Mother! Life was going to change and I was ready to meet the challenges it would throw my way. Afterall, Mom's are able to handle everything, right?

Just as many women before me did, I too endured the challenges of pregnancy. As the weeks passed, so did the ability I once had that allowed me to see my feet. My belly grew and what once never got in the way of everyday tasks suddenly became a hazard. For myself and those around me. Before long, I felt like a walking trampoline. I felt kicks in my ribs and jumping on my bladder. I knew where every public restroom was. I had the midnight urges for crushed ice and absurd cravings. As the months progressed, I watched my body change into something I no longer recognized. My toes resembled plump sausages. My ankles were swollen. My breasts were growing almost as fast as my baby belly and eventually I waddled like a duck. Even so, it was amazing to feel and watch the movement of a tiny being that I was protecting, nurturing and carrying all by myself. These were moments that nobody else was able to share in. And no matter what, nobody else could ever take these memories away from me.

I am the proud Momma to five angels who wait for me on the other side as well as five wonderful children whom I'm blessed to spend life with here on Earth. I am a proud Mom to ten wonderful children.

Jacob Grant, born 6/3/97 weighing 6lb 9oz.
Austin Kenneth-Nichols, born 3/21/00 weighing 6lb 13oz.
Katelyn Rebekah, born 8/27/01 weighing 4lb 6oz.
Emilee MiKayla, born 5/2/03 weighing 4lb 4oz.
Jonathon Robert, born 1/23/06 weighing 5lb 1oz.

I wish each of you lovely ladies a special Happy Mother's Day. I hope your day was blessed and equally fufilling as mine was.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Photos of Us

www.flickr.com

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed