Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Quickly approaching

The breeze blows through my hair as the sun kisses my skin. Summer is now over and fall is quickly approaching. I'm not sure if I should be excited or a bit sad about the year passing so fast.

The children are all back in school. So far, everything is working out well for them. Each day I am greeted with excitement that radiates from their beaming smiles or urgency in their voices as they try to recount the events for the day. Last week, Austin came home announcing that he had made some new friends in school. I was thrilled that he stepped outside his comfort zone and extended his friendship to other classmates as well. These children make me so proud!

Jacob is having the most difficult time of all yet even he is doing good. With the school's participation and my desire to do whatever it takes for him to excel, Jacob is progressing. Sadly, not everyone is on board nor desires to take an active role, leaving the hard work to myself with instructions to just "let me know what they say." sigh

In other news, Jacob was diagnosed a week ago with Osgood Schlatter's Disease. This is quite painful, especially if his activities are not monitored or appropriately managed. He is an active teenager so keeping him down is not an easy task. At this point, pain management is important as is rest!

I am approaching the end of my third semester of the paramedic program. I think most of the students would agree that we are all looking forward to the end of the program. It has been an extremely stressful year and taking the medic program on top of the life changes that the kids and I have gone through this year has been difficult. Even so, I push forward and continue to reach for my goals. In a couple months, this will all be finished. The kids and I can then begin 2011 on an uplifting, positive note!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Photos of Us

www.flickr.com

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed