Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy 15th Anniversary

Looking back, it is easy to see that you have grown tremendously over the past fifteen years. You have become a mother in spite of every complication you've been faced with. You have lived your life as a role model for your children, showing them the values of dedication, love, honesty and compassion. You have learned that marriage requires trust, work, committment and constant effort in order to sustain it. You have learned to overcome adversity when it is breathing down your neck. You have learned to live for today because tomorrow is never promised. You have learned that those who promise to love, honor and cherish you are not always as committed, honest or loving as you believed. You have learned forgiveness and extended it to those who were underserving. You have learned that love is blind as it allows you to overlook some of the most obvious warning signs of infidelity. You have learned to open your eyes and see people for their true character. You have learned to live for yourself instead of for someone who doesn't value you as a person, a friend, a companion, a partner, a spouse. You have learned that you are capable of anything you put your mind to. You are able to overcome what may seem impossible. You have learned that in time, heartaches do lessen and time softens all wounds. You have learned that even in your darkest moments, there is someone else who has gone through similar heartache. You have learned that there are still honest, loving, compassionate, understanding and committed people left in this world. You have learned that you are promised happiness and that it is out there, waiting for you to grab hold.

Fifteen years ago, I chose to become the wife of my high school sweetheart. My future was promising, bright and I looked forward to the new life ahead of me. We became parents to five amazing children. Through the years, I strived to be a loving wife and looked forward to a lifetime of memories. I loved unconditionally, believing, trusting and looking forward to years of happiness.

As my 15th wedding anniversary approaches, I am without the person I chose to spend the rest of my life with. It is anticipated that the divorce will be final on or shortly after the 14th. Although it is emotional, bittersweet and painful, I am reminded that I still have an entire life before me left to live. The last fifteen years have been a learning experience. I have grown as a woman, a mother and a friend. I have gained precious memories along the way and will do my best to put those memories above the painful reality of infidelity and a broken marriage. I will do it for my children. I will do it for me!

I am on a new journey. The end is uncertain and never with the promise of being an easy path to get there. I have gained more self confidence, self worth, and a better understanding of what I deserve.

Just as in emergency medicine, there are people that no matter what you do, you are not able to save them. I have exhausted every option I have. It's not something I am able to fix alone and others chose not to try. I have done my best, given my all and even tried to save a marriage that in the end, still collapsed. I hope it weighs heavily on the minds of both of them how they were selfish, dishonest, and destroyed two families. Highly doubtful however, as neither seems to believe they did anything wrong. Karma...the next best thing!

So, Happy 15th Anniversary to me. May the next 15 years be filled with wonderful memories, new beginnings, love, happiness, faithfulness and honesty.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Photos of Us

www.flickr.com

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed