Sunday, June 13, 2010

Unsteady, Unstable Miracles

The first step to getting the things you want
out of life is this:
Decide what you want. Ben Stein
Unable to predict the future, I walked with unsteady steps along an unstable ground. Each step was taken cautiously, one foot in front of the other.

There are two primary choices in life:
to accept conditions as they exist, or
accept the responsibility for changing them. Denis Waitley

It was along that unstable path that the decisions to make a better life for my children and I was made. I knew that I had the knowledge and the power to do anything I desired.

Where you end up isn't the most important thing.
It's the road you take to get there.
The road you take is what you'll look back on and call your life. Tim Wiley

Looking ahead at what could be while looking back from where I came from has allowed me to stay grounded along this journey. I learned to focus on the here and now rather than to focus too much on where my path in life leads me.

Life is what happens to you while
you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

By taking the focus off of the desired end results, I am able to enjoy the journey more passionately and with a greater appreciation than before.

There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein
I have chosen to live my life as though everything is a miracle. Each day is a gift I have been given to make a difference. Whether it is a difference in the lives of my family, my friends or a complete stranger, I have the ability to make a difference. The fact that I have been given an opportunity to make a difference is a miracle in my eyes.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Photos of Us

www.flickr.com

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed