Monday, April 11, 2011

A spring in our step


Today was such a beautiful day! The birds chirped. The squirrels bounced through the yard. The mountains of leaves were raked. A tree was cut down that was nothing more than an eye sore. The children reminded me what it's like to be a kid again. They laughed, helped do a tremendous amount of yard work, waded in the kiddie pool and laughed some more. Mud puddles were created and jumped in. Baseballs were hit, footballs were caught and bikes were ridden. The hose was used as a tool and as a weapon. We drank lots of water and ate numerous popcicles. We all smiled as the sun kissed our skin and the wind whispered to us just how blessed we were to be able to share this time together.

Tonight, the children are tucked into their beds and preparing mentally and physically for their return to school tomorrow. Their spring break was spent at home with their family and the weather wasn't as wonderful as we had hoped for but the memories we were able to create made everything worth it.

Although I am exhausted, I am still unable to fall asleep. Instead, I've sat up thinking of how many changes I have been through lately. I am extremely happy with the progress that has been made on a personal, professional, emotional, physical and spiritual level over the past four months. Sometimes it is difficult to believe that this is really my life. I am so excited with the growth and progress that I have made. I have learned that who I once was, where I was in life and who I was with greatly hindered me in numerous ways. The sky is the limit. My dreams are attainable. I am worth every great thing that has come my way. My hard work and determination will take me to places that I was never able to go before. And at the end of it all, I am able to share these wonderful accomplishments with my children; showing them that anything is possible no matter how grim things seem to be.

Every journey we take provides us with a lesson for life. This journey has not been without many life lessons. All lessons come at a certain cost. The lessons are not always easy and the cost can be quite steep. No matter what the cost or how painful it is, I am honored to teach my children that there is always hope. There is always love. There is always faith. There is always someone who is willing to hold your hand, walk beside you, pick you up when you have fallen to your knees, guide you, strengthen you, believe in you, honor you, and love you. Never give up who you are, what you believe in and what you dream of. You are always worth it... to someone!

May you have a spring in your step today!

Be Blessed.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Photos of Us

www.flickr.com

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed