Thursday, March 24, 2011

Another Step Forward

Today marks another milestone in parenting. Hand in hand, Jonathon and I walked to school in order to attend Kindergarten round up.

Even though I have done this a time or two (or three or four), it doesn't make the realization that your baby is growing up any easier. Especially when it's your last baby.

Five years ago, I welcomed a tiny baby boy into my life. From that moment, my life has never been the same. Jonathon's start was difficult. He decided to come seven weeks early, was the only child of five to be born by c-section and spent two very long weeks in the RNICU. He was welcomed home by his four siblings, his father and myself. Our family was complete and life was full of joy.

As the years have passed by, Jonathon has grown into a handsome, intelligent, amazing five year old. I am so proud of him. It is difficult to watch someone who once depended upon you completely to become so independent. I suppose that is part of the reason that today is even more of an emotional milestone.

Today I let go ever so slightly and created a partnership with the staff of Jonathon's school. A partnership that will allow Jonathon to explore, grow, learn and become anything he desires. Congratulations Jonathon!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Photos of Us

www.flickr.com

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed